Sunday, September 30, 2012

Paper Topics Post

Well, paper topic. Because I only have one. Get it? Yeah...


I know that ethos, pathos and logos have become my favorite buzzword terms in the last few weeks, but I really do think that those are the best places to start when analyzing a speech. I have been particularly fond of pathos as an analytic tool, but today I think logos is the more important aspect of these speeches to the National Conventions by Clint Eastwood and Bill Clinton. The credentials of these two speakers are impressive, but the unspoken aspects they bring with them pack more of a punch.

My paper topic: An analysis of Bill Clinton and Clint Eastwood’s speeches to the National Conventions with attention to the reasons they were chosen to speak, the topics they addressed, the audiences they spoke to and their individual rhetorical strategies.

Also, I am clearly the best at blogging. I did this assignment at 1 o'clock this afternoon and remembered that we needed to blog about it at 11:54. Student fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment